What is CoShopping?
- when it is difficult for people to go to the seller, eg. during a community quarantine;
- when delivery fee is high;
- when there is volume discount, the price is lower if more is sold in a single order;
- when an item is sold only in bulk, e.g. by a case which contains 20 bottles of wine or beer or pieces of fruits.
What is CoShopNow.com?
CoShopNow.com is like an online shopping cart service, but with additional features. Regular online shopping cart service like Shopify enables a seller to display products and accept orders online from individuals.
The main additional feature that CoShopNow.com has is that it is built for group ordering. More than one person can place an order on a list of products offered by a seller ("coshop organizer") for a specific cut-off date and time.
The total quantity of each product ordered by all the customers ("coshoppers") can be viewed together by the coshop organizer, and he or she can see how many of each product is required for the delivery of all the orders.
Thresholds can be set for the total order value, individual order value, as well as for each item (minimum order requirements).
CoShopNow.com is community-centric. It helps people in the same neighborhood, or same social group, to make purchases collective, and thus not only achieve cost savings, but cement their friendship.
What is a CoShop?
A CoShop is like a store that offers one or more products for inclusion in the group-buying (or CoShopping) effort. People who would like to join in the CoShopping of the products offered can place orders to the CoShop.
The person who initiates the CoShopping effort is a CoShop organizer, and he/she is responsible for putting up the virtual CoShop, collecting payment and fulfulling the orders.
A CoShop has at least a single cut-off date for ordering. For each cut-off date, there will be a single delivery date, on which the order will be delivered to all the participants in the CoShop. After the delivery date, the CoShop with the associated cut-off date will be closed. If the CoShop wants to invite shoppers for another round of sale, a new cut-off date with an associated delivery date can be added.
Why CoShop with CoShopNow.com?
- CoShopping enables individuals to shop together to get lower prices for their items.
- CoShopNow.com makes it easy for CoShoppers to place orders in a coshop setting, and for businesses to sell in bulk.
- Each CoShop contains clear information about minimum order requirements, product information, and delivery details.
- CoShopNow organizers (sellers) are given tools to help them manage the group orders, such as order summary and delivery note.
- CoShopNow.com enables CoShop organizers to offer various forms of discounts and promos to boost sales.
Who can be CoShop Organizers?
A CoShop Organizer is a person who runs a CoShop on CoShopNow.com, and is willing to undertake the responsibility to fulfill the orders placed on the CoShop. CoShop organizer will also have to arrange for delivery/pick-up of the items ordered.
A CoShop Organizer can be:
- (A) a business owner who wants to sell in bulk volume and can offer prices that are substantially below retail prices, or
- (B) a person who wants to buy only a small volume of an item that either is sold only in bulk, has high delivery charge, or has a much lower price when sold in bulk; or
- (C) a person who wants to introduce unique or hard-to-find items to his/her friends
If (B) or (C), you are not only a CoShop Organizer, but also a Lead Shopper, as you will also order the item(s) listed in your CoShop, together with the other coshoppers.
If (C), you can choose to show your CoShop only to your friends, by using the Private CoShop feature provided. The CoShop will then not be shown on the home page of CoShopNow.com.
How it works
Choose a CoShop, and a cut-off date
Check its product offering, payment and delivery options, including estimated delivery date.
Put desired products in the cart.
Select payment method and place order.
Provide email address to receive order messages.
Wait for order to be checked by the CoShop Organizer (seller).
If order is accepted, and minimum total order requirement is met before cut-off time, the coShop organizer will arrange for delivery.
If the CoShop Organizer has questions about your order, you will be asked to revise it.
You can cancel your order before the cut-off time.
After log in to coshopnow.com, go to the Organizer Center.
Fill in the form to create a CoShop.
Click 'Go Live' when you are ready to launch the CoShop.
If the CoShop is approved by CoShopNow admin, then it will become visible.
Approval of the coshop may be subject to payment of a fee or meeting certain criteria.
Products that can take full advantages of the features of CoShopNow.com
CoShopNow.com works like an online shopping cart with community-focused features. It allows the seller (CoShop Organizer) to set a single or multiple cut-off date(s) and time for each coshop.
It is best suited for:
- perishable products like vegetables, meat, seafood, and food products
- promotion of any product, since a promotion has a cut-off date and time
- products that can offer meaningful discounts if sold in volume
- products that have a high delivery fee for buyers in a particular location
A community based organizer can maximize the benefits of CoShopNow.com, as he or she can gather buyers from a neighborhood to order from the same coshop, so that delivery of everyone's order can be made to one place, either for pick up or short-distance delivery.